Pasta Salad Vegan Alternatives
Cucumber Dill Pasta Salad
- As an alternative to combining 1 cup of yogurt with the spice packet, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of vinegar (white vinegar, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar).
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- As an alternative to Feta cheese use cubed tofu marinated in the dressing for the pasta salad.
Instant Pot Information
The newest gadget to hit the market and a pleasure to use with our many products.
Designed in Ottawa, Ontario, this multi-functional cooker can replace most of the tools you currently own including your pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer. Great for sautéeing/browning. The Instant Pot will decrease your cooking times and uses up to 70% less energy.
A double batch of any of our soups will fit comfortably in the Instant Pot. Bean soups take a full 30 minutes after being soaked as per package instructions. Beanless soups take 20 minutes.
Crock Pot Instructions
- All Chili recipes require 4 to 6 hours on high.
- All soups with beans require 4 to 6 hours on high.
- All soups without beans require 3 to 4 hours on high.
- You can also put all of the soups and chilies in the crock pot overnight or all day on low.
Pressure Cooker Instructions
- All soups will take approximately 30-45 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Follow the level specified in your manual for the main bean type in the package.
Dry Bean Tips
- Add 1/4 Tsp. of baking soda to water when beans are soaking to help them soften.
- Always store dry beans in a dry, airtight container at room temperature.
- Do not store dry beans in the refrigerator.
- Beans can be stored indefinitely but are best used within one year. Beans can lose their moisture over time and take longer to soak and cook.
- Before use, always rinse and sort beans.
- Once cooked, beans can be kept four to five days when covered and refrigerated.
- To freeze, package cooked beans in an airtight, freezer container and keep for up to six months.
Dry beans need to be soaked before cooking to replace the water lost in drying. A general rule is to use 3 cups (750 mL) of water for each cup (250 mL) of sorted and rinsed beans. Then follow one of these directions:
Bring water and beans to a boil, cover and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
Let beans and water stand overnight in refrigerator. Drain. (Beans soaked by this method cook in less time and keep their shape better).
Combine 3 cups (750 mL) hot water and 1 cup (250 mL) of dry beans in a 4 qt. (4 L) microwaveable casserole dish. Cover and microwave at HIGH (100%) power for 15 minutes or until boiling. Let stand 1 hour. Drain.