Crock Pot French Onion Soup
1. Turn crock pot on high and rub 2 Tsp. of butter on bottom of insert.
2. Layer 2 large, sliced sweet or Spanish onions on top, cover and leave for 1 hour.
3. Add one everythingnice Mushroom & Barley Soup kit, 8 cups water, 1/4 cup dry red wine/sherry (optional) and leave on high, covered for 3-4 hours.
4. Place croutons or toasted sliced baguette in bottom of oven proof soup bowls.
5. Spoon soup over and top with Swiss, Gouda or medium cheddar cheese.
6. Bake under broiler until cheese is melted and golden.
Carrot Ginger Savory Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
2. Combine one package of everythingnice Carrot Ginger soup mix, 1 cup flour and 4 Tsp. baking powder (crumble orange with fingers).
3. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the 3/4 cup shortening, butter or maragine into the mix until it resembles oatmeal.
4. Add 1 cup milk (dairy, almond, soy, etc.) until mix holds together ... do not over mix.
5. Flatten to 1/2 inch thick and cut into rounds.
6. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve with your favorite soup or stew.
1. Soak the beans from one package of everythingnice Texas Chili as per instructions on the package.
2. Prepare chili as per instructions (WITH ONE EXCEPTION - use only 1 cup of water).
3. Once the chili is cooked and beans tender (approx. 30 min) you can start building your lasagna. Begin with one layer of the chili; top with the corn tortillas. Repeat 2 more times.
4. Add 1 250 ml. package of cottage cheese as a layer on it's own.
5. Add two more layers of chili topped with tortillas.
6. Top final tortilla layer with a bit of chili; cover with the
250 grans of grated old cheddar cheese.
7. Bake in a 325 F oven for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through.
8. Serve with sour cream (optional).
- You can substitute the cottage cheese with ricotta, or omit that layer entirely.
- You can substitute any of the everythingnice chili kits. You can also prepare the chili in advance but the final cooking time may need to be extended 45 minutes to make sure the dish is heated through.
- The corn tortillas tend to break up more than a traditional pasta noodle but the texture and flavour is awesome!
Broccoli & Cheddar Croquettes
1. Combine one package of everythingnice Broccoli & Potato soup mix with 1 3/4 cups of hot water.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes and allow to cool enough to handle.
3. Combine mix and 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese (Gouda or Swiss, etc.).
3. Shape into approx. 2 inch coquettes (small logs) and roll in 1/2 cup of corn flake crumbs (or cracker or bread crumbs).
4. Bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 350 F for approx. 10 minutes.
5. Server with marinara sauce.
Notes: can be made the day before. Assemble and shape, store in refrigerator. bake and serve warm the next day.
Split Pea Lettuce Wraps
1. Combine one package of everythingnice Split Pea & Portobello Mushroom soup mix with 2.5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer until peas are soft and water is absorbed.
2. Clean 1 head of Boston or leaf lettuce lettuce, chop 1 bunch of green onions and shave or julienne 1 carrot - set aside.
3. Dressing: Juice 1 lime and add: 1 Tsp. of white sugar, 1/4 cup of oil, salt & pepper to taste.
4. Lay lettuce on a plate and top with the pea mixture, green onions and carrots.
5. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Note: The pea mixture can be prepared in advance and either heated up or used cold. Feeling adventurous? Add fresh sprouts, chopped red peppers or even fresh grated coconut!
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine one package of everythingnice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and 3 Tsp. of baking powder.
3. Add 1/2 cup of softened butter and cream with a fork until it resembles coarse oatmeal.
4. In a separate bowl combine 1 egg, 1 cup of pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup of milk.
5. Combine both mixtures and mix only until dough sticks together. Do not over mix or scones will be tough.
6. On a parchment lined baking pan, shape the dough into a large round approx. 1 inch thick. Cut into wedges and separate the wedges slightly so they get brown on all sides (yummy crispy bits of goodness).
7. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Harvest Bean Medley Hummus
1. Remove the spice package from the everythingnice Harvest Bean Medley Soup and set aside.
2. Soak beans as per the package or one of the methods listed on everythingnice.ca.
3. Boil beans until tender and rinse.
4. Combine drained beans, spice package, 1/4 cup of tahini paste, the juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup of water in food processor and process until desired consistency.
5. Serve with fresh pita, bread, and/or vegetables.
Notes: can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes great lunch and school snacks.
BBQ-ed Cauliflower Steaks
1. Prepare everythingnice garlic spreadas per package instructions.
2. Slice cauliflower into 1 inch steaks (keep the core in as it holds everything together).
3. Brush a small amount of garlic butter on both sides of each slice.
4. Place on heated BBQ grill (or in oven at 400 F) for 10 minutes. Flip once during cooking.
Notes: you can also use the same process for cabbage steaks, grilled eggplant or zucchini. The butter will stay nicely in the fridge for several weeks and is great for garlic bread.
Seven Layer Dip
1. Remove spice package from everythingnice Texas Chili and set aside.
2. Soak beans as per package directions or one of the methods listed on everythingnice.ca.
3. Combine beans with 1-28 oz. can of whole tomatoes, spice package and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45-60 minutes until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally so they do not stick.
4. Combine 1-8 oz. package of cream cheese with 2 Tbsp. of the sour cream and set aside (makes the bottom cheese layer softer and easier to dip into).
5. In separate bowl combine 1 avocado and juice of 2 limes (set aside).
6. Allow chili mix to cool and then assemble as follows:
Layer 1: cream cheese mix
Layer 2: chili
Layer 3: 1-250 ml. of sour cream
Layer 4: avocado mix
Layer 5: 1/2 cup of diced red and 1/2 cup of diced green peppers
Layer 6: 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
Layer 7: 1/3 cup of diced green onions
7. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Notes: Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes great lunch and school snacks.
Add diced jalapenos to the pepper layer (without seeds/veins) if you like it spicy!
1. Combine 1 package of everythingnice Marinara Sauce, 1 can of whole tomatoes, 1/2 cup of water, 1 diced english cucumber, 1/2 cup of diced red pepper, 1/2 cup of diced green pepper and 1 seeded jalapeno (optional) in a large bowl or blender.
2. Puree all until smooth using blender, immersion blender or food processor.
3. Serve chilled with one diced avocado and fresh cilantro on top.
Italian Rice Balls
1. Prepare one package of everythingnice Mushroom Risotto and allow to cool enough to handle.
2. Combine rice with 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (can also use Romano, Asiago, etc.).
3. Shape into approx. 2 inch balls and roll in 1 beaten egg and then 1/2 cup corn flake bread crumbs (can also use cracker or bread crumbs).
4. Bake on parchment lined backing sheet at 350 F for approx. 20 minutes.
5. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce.
Broccoli au Gratin
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Butter a baking dish.
3. In baking dish combine one package of everythingnice Potato & Herb soup, 2 cups of chopped broccoli, 2.5 cups of milk and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
4. Top with another 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes until texture of broccoli suits your tastes.
Note: Substitute cauliflower or use a combination of both. Toss in some leftover cooked chicken, bacon or cubed tofu to make this a one dish meal. Try a different cheese to mix it up...how about a smoked gouda...yum!
Sausageless Sausage Rolls
1. Combine one package of everythingnice "The Best" Lentil Soup with 2.5 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed and lentils are tender (approx. 35 mins.).
3. Allow mix to cool slightly and stir on 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F.
5. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 8 equal rectangular sections.
6. Spread a line of Sriracha or Dijon down across the middle of each section.
7. Spoon mixture on to middle, wrap the pastry around and seal the edges.
8. Place cut edge down onto baking sheet and brush each with egg white.
9. Bake at 400 F for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
10. Excellent served with additional Sriracha or Dijon.
Game Time Nachos
1. Prepare Everythingnice Canadian Chili, EH! (Mild), Texas Chili (Medium) or Chipotle Black Bean Chili (Hot) as per package directions.
2. Layer tortilla chips on parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle layer of grated cheddar cheese (also excellent with a jalapeno Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese).
4. Top with second layer of tortilla chips.
5. Sprinkle second layer of grated cheese.
6. Bake at 400 °F until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
7. Top with hot chili, diced peppers and diced fresh tomatoes.
8. Serve immediately.
Easy Vegan Falafel
1. Remove spice package from the Everythingnice Chickpea & Tomato Soup and soak chickpeas as per package directions.
2. Drain chickpeas, add 1/3 cup of water, spice package and stir. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
3. Mash chickpea mixture in a food processor.
4. Shape into small patties and brush lightly with oil.
5. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.
6. Serve with fresh salad.
Makes Approximately 12 Patties
NOTE: Excellent served with a Lemon Tahini Sauce (juice 1/2 of one lemon, 2 Tbsp. of tahini, 1 glove of garlic & 1 Tbsp. of water, combine).
Wild Mushroom Stuffing (we used a Savoy Cabbage)
1.Combine Everythingnice Wild Mushroom & Barley soup mix with 2 cups water in rice cooker or in pot and simmer on
medium/low until water is absorbed and barley is tender.
2. Combine barley mixture with 2 cups of soft bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp. of melted butter.
3. Gently separate the leaves of the cabbage while leaving them attached to the stem. Once
you reach the solid middle (hard to separate) cut out the middle. Be careful to
leave the core and stem intact otherwise you end up with a casserole.
4. Spoon barley mixture into middle, wrap up inside layer of leavesand
then spoon mixture around and between the leaves as you move them back over the middle to restore to original shape.
5. Tie with butchers twine and brush the top of the cabbage lightly with oil before putting the lid on.
6. Bake in covered roasting pan with 1 cup water on bottom for 50 minutes
until cabbage is tender.
7. Serve sliced into wedges.
Note 1: This stuffing mix would also be amazing in a pumpkin. Cut off top,
remove seeds, spoon mushroom, barley and bread mixture into the pumpkin. Cover
with top and roast covered in a pan with a little water.
Note 2: Can also use in a chicken or turkey and bake as per standard cooking methods for poultry.
Oatmeal Cookie Bars
1. Prepare an everythingnice Oatmeal Raisin Cookie as per package directions.
2. Press cookie dough into a 9' by 12' greased baking dish.
3. Score the dough with a knife to make break lines for when cooked (Approx. 2" by 4").
4. Bake as directed and let cool completely.
5. Cut bars.
6. Drizzle with melted chocolate or dip in melted chocolate.
1. Prepare 1 package of Everythingnice Marinara Sauce as per instructions.
2. Cook 1 package of lasagna noodles as per instructions.
3. Saute 1 small diced onion in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
4. Add 2 cups of fresh spinach and toss until wilted - allow to cool.
5. Combine spinach/onion mixture with 1 250 ml. of ricotta cheese.
6. Take each lasagna noodle and lay flat, spread ricotta mixture evenly over noodles and roll.
7. Pour 1/3 of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9 by 12 baking dish.
8. Lay each roll side by side in a single layer over the sauce.
9. Top with the remaining marinara sauce and grated mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
Split Pea & Potato Crock Pot Stew
1. Combine one package of Everythingice Split Pea & Portobello Mushroom Soup with 2 lbs. of potatoes cut into 2-3" pieces, 3.5 cups of water and 2 Tbsp. of butter or margarine in a crock pot.
2. Cook in high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
3. Serve hot.
Summer Bean Salad
1. Set aside pasta and spice package from Everythingnice Pasta Fagioli Soup Mix.
2. Soak beans as per instructions.
3. Boil beans in 4 cups of water for approximately 1 hour (until tender). Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Combine spice package with 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
5. Toss with beans and add cherry tomatoes and diced green peppers.
6. Also delicious with diced cucumber, fresh corn niblets and/or feta cheese cubes.
7. Serve cold.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
1. Bake Everythingnice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies as per package instructions however flatten the cookies a bit more.
2. Allow to cool.
3. Scoop ice cream onto one side of a cookie and then place another cookie on top.
4. Roll the edges in crushed peanuts or sprinkles, if desired.
1. Combine one package of Everythingnice Potato & Herb Soup with 1 1/3 cups of boiling water. Mix well and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Add 2 cups of grated cheese (Extra Old Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti or Swiss).
3. Shape into 1.5" balls.
4. Roll in 1/2 cup of corn flake crumbs (or cracker or bread crumbs or ground flax seed).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melting.
6. Serve as is or with marinara or ranch dipping sauce.
Sun-dried Tomato & Herb Pasta
1. Combine 1 1/4 cup of cream, sun-dried tomatoes, spice package and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; set aside.
2. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
3. Drain pasta and return to pot.
4. Add cream and spice mixture and simmer on medium for approx. 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
5. Add roasted red peppers and baby spinach (optional).
Broccoli & Potato Frittata
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine Everythingnice Broccoli & Potato Soup with 6 eggs and 1.5 cups of milk (dairy, soy or almond).
3. Generously butter a 9" plate.
4. Pour mixture into pie plate.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the middle is set.
Chickpea & Avocado Sandwiches
1. Drain one 14 oz. can of chickpeas (Alternatively use white beans instead of chickpeas) and mash with a fork.
2. Add one avocado, an Everythingnice Guacamole & Salsa Mix and the juice of one lime.
3. Mash together.
4. Spread on desired sliced bread.
5. Top with mixed greens or arugula and freshly cracked black pepper.
1. Combine the spice package from the Cucumber Dill Pasta Salad with 1 cup of sour cream and set aside.
2. Bring water to boil and cook pasta until al dente.
3. Saute 2-3 cups of sliced mushrooms in 2 Tsp. of oil until slightly browned. Add sour cream mixture and 1/4 cup of water.
4. Drain the pasta and keep it in the pot.
5. Serve mushroom sauce over hot pasta.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly grease or line 12 muffins cups.
2. Reserve the spice packet from the Everythingnice Breakfast Quinoa and combine the remainder with 2 cups of water. Cook over medium heat until most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Combine 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Add cooled quinoa & the reserved spice packet and mix until well combined.
5. Add 1 cup of all purpose flour and 2 tsp. of baking soda and mix.
6. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. Brown 1.5 cups of sliced mushrooms in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
2. Combine 4 cups of cold water, 2 Tsp. of Worcestershire sauce and 1 Tbsp. of flour in a medium size pot with Everythingnice Burgerizer.
3. Simmer for 45 minutes until rice is tender, the mixture will form a delicious gravy.
4. Boil 2 chopped potatoes in water, once tender, drain and mash with butter and cream.
5. Place Burgerizer mixture in a casserole dish, top with frozen peas and/or carrots (if desired), then top with the mashed potatoes and a dollop of butter in the middle.
6. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes until potatoes have browned. SERVE and EAT!!!
Candy Cane Brownie Squares
1. Prepare one package of Everythingnice Fruit & Nut Brownie Mix as per directions.
2. Spread into a 9" by 13" parchment lined pan.
3. Bake at 300 F in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely.
5. Combine 1/2 cup softened butter or vegan margarine, 2 cups of icing sugar and 2 Tbsp. of milk and whip until fluffy.
6. Spread icing on cooled brownie base and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. YUMMY!!!
Chick Pea & Sweet Potato Stew
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight or see our Kitchen Tips Page for information on a quick soak method.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
3. Combine chickpeas, spice package, one 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes and one cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 40 minutes.
5. Add one or two diced sweet potatoes and simmer for an additional twenty minutes until chickpeas are tender.
6. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
7. Serves 4-6.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine Everythingnice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with 1 cup of melted butter.
3. Place 6 cups of chopped mixed fruit (strawberries, apples, peaches) in a 9 by 12 baking dish.
4. Top with cookie mixture and bake at 350 F for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Serves 6 to 8 people, can be prepared the night before and baked later.
1. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add "The Best" Lentil Soup.
2. Simmer over medium-low for 35-40 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed.
3. Allow the lentils to cool until able to handle them.
4. Combine with 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and mix into the lentils.
5. Start to mash the lentils slightly with your hands as you form them into patties.
6. Lightly oil both sides of the patties and place on the barbecue for 8-10 minutes.
7. This recipe will make 6 patties, they can be prepared the night before and cooked later or even frozen.
Peppers Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms & Barley
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add contents of Everythingnice Wild Mushroom & Barley Soup.
2. Simmer over medium-low for approx. 20-25 minutes until water has been absorbed.
3. Combine with fresh chopped veggies such as zucchini, eggplant, kale or tomatoes.
4. Cut the tops off of 4 peppers and remove seeds.
5. Fill the peppers with the mushroom & vegetable medley and place the caps back on.
6. Place the peppers in a baking dish with 1 cup of water and cover with foil.
7. Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on your desired texture. Tossing some cheese into the mixture is also a nice touch.
Everythingnice Style Burritos
1. Prepare Everythingnice Zesty Mexican Rice & Beans as per package instructions.
2. Place 1/2 to 3/4 Cups of rice on desired tortilla shell.
3. Top with your favorite toppings. Such as Everythingnice Guacamole & Salsa Mix, diced fresh tomato, chopped green onions or red onion, cilantro or hot sauce.
4. Roll and Serve for the whole family to enjoy.
Butternut Squash & Quinoa Stew
1. Peel and cut butternut squash into 1 inch pieces (approx. 4 Cups).
2. Cut potato into 1 inch pieces (approx. 1.5 Cups).
3. In a large saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil and lightly brown the squash and potato until some slight golden edges appear.
4. Add Cosy Quinoa & Rice soup kit as well as 3 cups of water.
5. Add 2 cloves of garlic and .5 Tsp of cumin (optional).
6. Simmer over medium/high heat for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
7. Serve warm garnished with cilantro and 1/4 lime (optional).
Easy Cabbage Roll Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove spice package from Burgerizer and set aside.
3. Combine Burgerizer with 2.5 cups of boiling water and set aside.
4. Combine spice package with a 28 oz. can of tomatoes.
5. Finely chop 1/2 of a medium sized cabbage.
6. Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.
7. Cover and bake for 1.5 hours until rice is soft and plump.
8. Serve warm as side or main.