Wild Mushroom Stuffing (we used a Savoy Cabbage)
1. Combine Everythingnice Wild Mushroom & Barley soup mix with 2 cups water in rice cooker or in pot and simmer on
medium/low until water is absorbed and barley is tender.
2. Combine barley mixture with 2 cups of soft bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp. of melted butter.
3. Gently separate the leaves of the cabbage while leaving them attached to the stem. Once
you reach the solid middle (hard to separate) cut out the middle. Be careful to
leave the core and stem intact otherwise you end up with a casserole.
4. Spoon barley mixture into middle, wrap up inside layer of leavesand
then spoon mixture around and between the leaves as you move them back over the middle to restore to original shape.
5. Tie with butchers twine and brush the top of the cabbage lightly with oil before putting the lid on.
6. Bake in covered roasting pan with 1 cup water on bottom for 50 minutes
until cabbage is tender.
7. Serve sliced into wedges.
Note 1: This stuffing mix would also be amazing in a pumpkin. Cut off top,
remove seeds, spoon mushroom, barley and bread mixture into the pumpkin. Cover
with top and roast covered in a pan with a little water.
Note 2: Can also use in a chicken or turkey and bake as per standard cooking methods for poultry.
Broccoli au Gratin
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Butter a baking dish.
3. In baking dish combine one package of everythingnice Potato & Herb soup, 2 cups of chopped broccoli, 2.5 cups of milk and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
4. Top with another 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes until texture of broccoli suits your tastes.
Note: Substitute cauliflower or use a combination of both. Toss in some leftover cooked chicken, bacon or cubed tofu to make this a one dish meal. Try a different cheese to mix it up...how about a smoked Gouda...yum!
Seven Layer Dip
1. Remove spice package from everythingnice Texas Chili and set aside.
2. Soak beans as per package directions or one of the methods listed on everythingnice.ca.
3. Combine beans with 1-28 oz. can of whole tomatoes, spice package and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45-60 minutes until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally so they do not stick.
4. Combine 1-8 oz. package of cream cheese with 2 Tbsp. of the sour cream and set aside (makes the bottom cheese layer softer and easier to dip into).
5. In separate bowl combine 1 avocado and juice of 2 limes (set aside).
6. Allow chili mix to cool and then assemble as follows:
Layer 1: cream cheese mix
Layer 2: chili
Layer 3: 1-250 ml. of sour cream
Layer 4: avocado mix
Layer 5: 1/2 cup of diced red and 1/2 cup of diced green peppers
Layer 6: 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
Layer 7: 1/3 cup of diced green onions
7. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Notes: Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes great lunch and school snacks.
Add diced jalapenos to the pepper layer (without seeds/veins) if you like it spicy!
BBQ-ed Cauliflower Steaks
1. Prepare everythingnice garlic spreads per package instructions.
2. Slice cauliflower into 1 inch steaks (keep the core in as it holds everything together).
3. Brush a small amount of garlic butter on both sides of each slice.
4. Place on heated BBQ grill (or in oven at 400 F) for 10 minutes. Flip once during cooking.
Notes: you can also use the same process for cabbage steaks, grilled eggplant or zucchini. The butter will stay nicely in the fridge for several weeks and is great for garlic bread.
Harvest Bean Medley Hummus
1. Remove the spice package from the everythingnice Harvest Bean Medley Soup and set aside.
2. Soak beans as per the package or one of the methods listed on everythingnice.ca.
3. Boil beans until tender and rinse.
4. Combine drained beans, spice package, 1/4 cup of tahini paste, the juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup of water in food processor and process until desired consistency.
5. Serve with fresh pita, bread, and/or vegetables.
Notes: can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes great lunch and school snacks.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl combine one package of everythingnice Tomato & Spinach soup mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup water and 1 cup of the grated cheese.
3. Add the 1/2 cup diced onion, 1 clove chopped garlic and 4 cups frozen hash browns.
4. Press into a buttered cast iron pan or glass dish.
5. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the 1 cup crumbled potato chips or corn flakes if using.
6. Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes.
Options: add 1/4 cup diced green pepper and/or diced chicken or ham.